The globalization of the economy increasingly requires companies to be able to use all the tools at their disposal to increase their competitiveness in international markets.
In this context, customs and taxation aspects play a decisive role both as a factor in minimizing costs and as a tool to optimize the flow of goods from and toward foreign markets.
The knowledge of customs formalities and related VAT obligations makes it possible to plan import/export flows, optimizing the use of the various customs regimes and VAT tax deposits and reducing the costs associated with customs duties. At the same time, the in-depth knowledge of customs regulations enables the optimization of the technical and management procedures necessary to avoid documentation inconsistencies that can lead to expensive penalties.
The Firm offers assistance with customs procedures, providing expert support during all phases of the relationship with foreign countries: imports, exports, litigation, contacts and relations with relevant authorities, operators, and foreign professionals.
In particular, the following services are provided:
- Consultation on the determination of the customs classification of goods
- Calculation of the customs value
- Determination of the preferential origin and completion of the supplier’s long-term declaration
- Application for the approved exporter number
- REX system registration
- Consultation on rules for determining the non-preferential origin (made in)
- Consultation on customs planning in order to choose the most advantageous customs regime (definitive or temporary) for the company in order to take full advantage of existing tax regulations
- Policies and trade restrictions (dual use)
- Control and verification of the customs bill in order to assess whether to proceed with the assessment audit
- Consultation on intra-community transactions and compilation of related Intrastat forms
- Consultation on importing and marketing your products in foreign markets (duties, certificates and any restrictions or limitations)
- Assistance with the submission of the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) application to the relevant customs authorities and subsequent procedures.